Yesterday Marissa Meyer was in Orem for her book tour for her latest book, Cress. Marissa talked about where she got the idea for the series (a writing contest), told an awesome (and creepy) version of Little Red Riding Hood, and then answered audience questions.
I didn't take notes but here is what I can remember:
- Captain Thorne is a combination of Malcolm Reynolds and Han Solo (I approve very highly of this!)
- She is almost done writing Winter.
- She refused to answer the question about which Firefly character is her favorite. (For what it is worth, mine is Wash)
- Her writing routine varies daily.
- She is an outliner.
- Her advice to writers- read as much as possible and write as much as possible
After the Q&A Marissa signed books for the large crowd that was there. My niece Katie is a huge fan of her books and was thrilled that she was able to get a picture with Marissa.
To make the day even better, we stopped at The Sweet Tooth Fairy on the way home and got cupcakes. Mmmmm!!