Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.
Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
The Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa series is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite series. I've tried to write this review for several weeks. Every time I open this blog post my brain goes blank and I go into fangirl mode. I just want to force a copy of this book into everyone's hands.
This book is the perfect combination of non-stop action, swoon, unpredictably and creepiness. Because I can't seem to form a coherent review about the book here are a few of the highlights-
- Allie is, hands down, one of the most badass characters out there. There aren't many I can think of that could hold a candle to her.
- I only have two words to describe the Rabids/Bleeders/Mole Men- Morbid and Creepifying* (*If you get that reference you're awesome!!)
- Sarren takes Bat Shit Crazy to a whole new level.
- Zeke...*sigh* Yeah, that's all I've got on him.
- There is one character that I'm still not sure where he stands and what his motives are. The fact that he is so well written is reason enough to read the book.
In true Julie fashion this book will leave you broken and in tears. I've seen Julie state several times on twitter that the tears of her readers feed her muse. Well, after The Eternity Cure, her muse will be very well fed. But trust me, the tears are so worth it. If you haven't started this series yet you need to move it to the top of your to-be-read list!