I spent all weekend having a Harry Potter movie marathon in order to be ready for the final movie. I loved spending time back in that magical world. I'm in awe of how much the kids have grown and what a magnificent job they've done with their characters.
After watching all of the movies so close together I've made a few observations. I should have taken notes because I don't remember all of my thoughts but here are few I can remember:
- Goblet of Fire is my least favorite movie. Mostly because I hate the way Michael Gambon portrays Dumbledore in it.
- The scene where Ron is under the influence of love potion is one of my favorite moments in the entire franchise. Rupert plays it so perfectly!
- Watching Hermione erase her parents memories kills me every. single. time.
- These movies are funny! I forgot how much humor they have in them. "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid is looking for you."
- I'm way too attached to these movies and these kids. It makes me so sad the it's over.
- I love the majority of the casting decisions in these movies. There are a couple of exceptions but 99.9% of the cast is stellar. That is so rare in book to movie adaptations. The casting gods were smiling down on this project.
- It's impossible for me to watch the spider scene in Chamber of Secrets without getting the heebie-jeebies. Most of the time I don't even watch it, I avert my eyes until it's over.
- Half Blood Prince is my favorite as far as relationships go. The awkward hooking up, the unrequited love, the heartbreak and drama are dead on.
- One of my favorite quotes from the entire franchise is: "You're the weak one. You'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you." I think it sums up why, in the end, Voldemort could never have won. Love conquers all.